Conditions to Use our Website
Your permission to use the Website is conditioned upon your agreement that you:
- are 13 years of age or older;
- will not copy or distribute any part of the Website in any manner without our prior written consent;
- will provide accurate information when creating an account, submitting content or registering for our Website;
- will not allow others to use the Website under your User ID;
- are solely responsible for your User ID and the activity that occurs through your User ID;
- will not use the Website for any commercial purposes other than the specific commercial activities contained on the Website and will not use it to obtain data or personal information about any other users or to solicit other users or advertisers;
- are solely responsible for any content provided by you on the Website, including but not limited to any discussion posts, profile information, links, videos and pictures including the ownership of any licenses or rights necessary to use the work of others and will not submit any copyrighted materials or work subject to other’s proprietary rights;
- grant the Website and other users a non-exclusive license to read your materials and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and/or display any materials provided by you; and
- agree we have the right to remove any and/or all of your content and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
To access certain parts of the Website, we may require you to create an account and/or profile. All such information provided by you shall be accurate and you agree to keep said information up to date. Anyone whose privilege to use the Website was previously terminated by us may not register for another profile or account, nor use another’s profile or account to use the site or create an account on your behalf.
Because sharing User IDs is prohibited we assume that access to the Website through your User ID is, in fact, you. You are solely responsible for any and all access to the Website by persons using your User ID. If you believe your User ID is being used without authorization, notify us immediately at UGV0cm8tTG9naXN0aWNzIFN1cHBvcnQ=
We reserve the right to authorize the publishing of various content provided by you (hereinafter “User Generated Content or UGC”). You agree not to post or use any UGC in any way that:
- infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of others;
- violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties. To the extent you provide us personal information about others such as your spouse or your children, you confirm that you have the authority to provide this to us;
- is unlawful, false, inaccurate, defamatory, discriminatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, abusive, threatening, harassing, hateful, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion; or
- could damage our company, parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, or other parties.
We are not obligated in any way to remove any UGC that may violate one or more of these restrictions. We may, but are not obligated to, remove any UGC in violations of these terms, terminate user accounts or take other actions. We are not responsible for any harm to you caused by UGC.
By using the Website, You agree not to:
- conduct or promote any illegal activities;
- attempt to reverse engineer or interfere in any way with the functioning of the Website or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure);
- attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Website;
- use the Website to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam;
- use any automatic or manual process to search or harvest information from the Website;
- interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Website; or
- impersonate another user.
Links to Other Sites
We may have links to third-party websites that are not owned, controlled or operated by us. We do not assume any responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any other websites or their owners. We are not endorsing or recommending any other websites, products or services by the simple inclusion of a link to another website.
We reserve the right to alter or discontinue the Website or any of the services provided herein at any time without prior notice. We also reserve the right to terminate this Agreement at our election and for any reason, without prior notice. This Agreement will automatically terminate if, in our sole discretion, you violate any of the terms and conditions set forth below. A termination will result in the immediate cessation of access to the Website. The Disclaimers of Warranty and Limitation of Liability, Indemnity, Dispute Resolution sections and all terms and conditions related to your Content shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Display of data and Search
We rely upon government records and may display them on this website. While we try to use the most recent information available, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or timeliness.
Disclaimers of Warranty and Limitations of Liability
We provide the Website and the related services “as is”, “where is”, and “as available.” We make no express and/or implied warranties or guarantees about the Website, the goods and services, including articles published by Petro-Logistics S.A. or other contributors on the company’s Posts page and/or the company’s password-protected Client Area, described thereon.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND VENDORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, TIMELY OR FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED. WE IN NO WAY GUARANTEE THAT WE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES ARE ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE, RELIABLE, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. WE MAKE NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING.
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM WITH US IS TO CEASE USE OF THE WEBSITE. WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, VENDORS, AND MERCHANTS WHO ADVERTISE HERE, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON THE WEBSITE IN ANY WAY. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, DAMAGE TO ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF ANY JURISDICTION DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTION, OUR LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, VENDORS, AND MERCHANTS WHO ADVERTISE HERE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our officers, directors, representatives, employees and agents and all of our parent companies, affiliates, related companies and their officers, directors, representatives, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees) arising from:
- your violation of any term of these Terms of Service;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, privacy right, or any and all intangible or intellectual property rights; or
- any claim that any of your UGC causes damage to a third party.
To the maximum extent authorized by law, the laws of Switzerland govern the interpretation of this Agreement and any disputes arising in connection with it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and us, our officers, directors, agents, parent companies and vendors that arises out of or relates to this Agreement or use of the Website shall be decided as provided by Swiss Data Protection Law.
We, or people from whom we obtained a license, retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind associated with the Website, including all applicable trademarks, copyrights and other proprietary rights such as trade secrets. Through the use of this Website pursuant to this Agreement, you have a limited right to use the Website, but in no way are we granting any license to you under any of those intellectual property rights. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. You may print limited numbers of one or more pages from the Website for your personal use.
We retain, to the maximum extent possible, all ownership, without limitation, of all the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, interactive features and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”) unless they are marks used by Merchants who have provided them to us for use on this Website. The Marks are owned or licensed to us, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the laws of the European Union, Swiss Confederation, United States of America, the law of the jurisdiction where you reside, and international conventions. All content on the Website provided by us is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website.
You retain any intellectual property rights in any copyrighted materials and trademarks that are contained in UGC that you post to the Website. You grant us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, worldwide license, with rights to sublicense through multiple levels of sublicensees, to reproduce, make derivative works of, translate, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display in any form or medium, whether now known or later developed, make, use, sell, import, offer for sale, otherwise commercially exploit and exercise any and all such rights, under any and all of your intellectual property rights related to the UGC in any manner we choose.
If you believe we have infringed on your copyrights, please submit a notification in writing to UGV0cm8tTG9naXN0aWNzIFN1cHBvcnQ= with the Subject: “copyright notice.” Your notice needs to include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Modifications to the Agreement
You may not use or export the Website in any way that violates the export laws or regulations of the European Union, Swiss Confederation or United States of America. You are solely responsible for complying with all applicable export laws that applies to your use of the Website and assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement, and the remaining portions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. There are no third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement. You may not assign this Agreement or your rights and obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, to any third party without our prior written consent, and any attempt by you to do so will be invalid.